Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hidden Journaling Challenge

Hi, Everyone! Mary Jo here with my first post for Craft Your Nest. If you want to learn a little more about me, you can click on the Chickadee link to you right :)

Today I wanted to give you a simple challenge. Have you ever had a layout you wanted to scrap, with a story you wanted to tell, but didn't want to share with just anyone? Hidden journaling can be a great way to get the story down, but protect privacy at the same time.
For this layout, I used a photo that I had taken with my phone and posted to Facebook. I did journal the story about the photo. But I also wanted to have my Facebook status and the comments from others somewhere on the layout as well. I just thought it would be better to keep that hidden to protect the privacy of those who commented.
The status is now hidden behind my photo using a little pull tab with mini clothespin on it :)

Now this next layout is an oldie, but goodie. From way back in 2005 :-O
This was a two page layout I had created about an experience Evan and I had playing in the snow. It started out rocky, but then ended on a positive note thank goodness :)
For this layout, I once again hid the journaling behind the photo, but decided to use a cute little hinge and fabric tab to create a photo door.
And here it is open with the story behind it :)

So my challenge to you today is to tell that story you have been wanting to scrapbook and hide the journaling somewhere on your page. Even if you write it on the back of your layout! You can link your layout up here on this post, or if you are on Facebook we would love it if you could share it on our group page!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

5 comments:

  1. Great take on hidden journaling, Mary Jo. I like to tuck journaling behind my photos too, mostly because I usually ran out of room on the page. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like both of these ideas for the hidden journaling. Great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These layouts are awesome, MJ! I love your idea of the mini clothespin!! I've never thought of using anything like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hidden journaling idea and I LOVE your LO, will definitely try and do this this weekend :) I also have a lot of LO's from 2005 ;) Added this blog to my favourites, looking forward to seeing what other challenges you come up with! I have tons of stuff in my stash and I'm always looking for new ways to use it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik