Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Words of Wisdom

Recently I worked on a layout for a challenge at Scrapbooking From the Inside Out that asked us to use this quote.
Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?
Rose Kennedy
This is my layout
I placed the quote on a little journal tag, and then took the layout in the direction I wanted.

Personally I think quotes can be an amazing source of inspiration. And one of my favorite places to find inspiration these days is Pinterest. I have a whole board there dedicated to "Words of Wisdom". It's a place I pin quotes and sayings that I connect with :)
I thought I would share a few with you today in the chance that you may find some inspiration as well.
I can't wait to use that one for a photo I took of Mike and the kids at the airport when he returned from a trip :)
I just love Walt Whitman. And think this is very wise advice :)
In many ways, I have. This would be great for an All About Me page. Or "letter to my younger self" page.

I love Van Gogh even more than I love Walt Whitman. And this one got me thinking about using dreams as a source of inspiration for a page some day.
Sigh...at one point in my life, I wanted to be an astronaut. I've already done a page about that dream that didn't happen and why. But I think this quote needs to find it's way on a future page somehow. :)
And last but not least for all of you Harry Potter fans...
I can picture this quote on a page with Erin and her friend Sam! Or a page where Erin is giving me one of her mischievous looks. I guess we will just have to see :)
I am not making this a challenge. I just wanted to share a little inspiration with you today. But if you do end up using one of these quotes, or any other quote, I would love to see your project. So feel free to link here to this post or on the Facebook group page :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO!! I love how the title goes down the side :) I love pinterest too for the exact same reason, I used a quote from there to complete my last LO :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your layout!!! Pinterest is MY go-to place for "words of wisdom", too!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik