Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Double Inspiration :)

While visiting the manufacturer blogs last week, I came across a great sketch on the October Afternoon blog. I love using sketches as a starting point for my layouts sometimes and this one is just my style.
In fact, the sketch reminded me a little bit of another layout I made last year using some October Afternoon product and a sketch by Kelly Purkey!
Similar, right. I have always loved the colors in this layout and
for some reason, I was set on using this photo...
that I had taken with my phone in March and played with in Instagram. Since the colors in the first layout would go with this photo, I decided to scraplift myself :)
Basically, I found inspiration from the sketch and my older layout. So double inspiration :)
By using the similar papers and alphabets, I came up with this layout in less than thirty minutes! Plus used tons of product from my stash. The only "new" product are the wood veneer butterflies by Studio Calico (two of which I misted to change their color).

So my challenge to you is to either use the October Afternoon sketch OR scraplift yourself!
And if you are up to a double challenge, try both. Use the sketch but lift the product you used on another layout :)

Would love to see any layouts or cards created using this challenge! You can link here or post in our Facebook group - link to the right.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous pages Mary-Jo. Thank-You so much for the lovely comments on my blog. I am now your latest follower. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Rita! So glad you came by today :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE double inspiration!!! I can see why you wanted to use that photograph! It's FAB!! Great pages on both of the sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Followed your link from WOYWW. Asked to join your FB group, I would love to share some layouts. Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Barb! Can't wait to see what you post :)

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik