Monday, June 18, 2012

"Fussy Cutting" Challenge

Hello and Happy Monday.  It's Cheryl again, your "Card Chick" and I have a brand new card challenge and short tutorial for you today.  But first, let me ask you a question.  Have you ever had patterned paper that you loved, but it was so busy that you just weren't sure what to do with it?  Kind of like this, maybe?


This is one of the sheets of patterned paper from the Pink Paislee Soiree Collection.  Busy, busy, busy, right?    I love paper like this because it's so full of possibilities ~ possibilities to cut it up.  "Fussy cutting" sounds much more dignified than "cutting it up", don't you think?  When I look at this paper, I see all kinds of elements, as well as sentiments, for card making.  Here's a picture I took of some of the elements that I "fussy cut" from this sheet of paper:


All kinds of goodies!  Before I continue, let me say that there are unlimited possibilities in even a small piece of patterned paper ~ especially if it has flowers on it!


This is also Pink Paislee and here are some flowers that I cut from this paper:


Aren't these just beautiful?  As you can see, there were lots and lots of flowers on that paper, just waiting to be cut out.  Before I make this post too long, here's the card I created using some of these wonderful elements that I "fussy cut":

I started out by attaching an embossed layer of paper to a cardstock base.  Then I went to town with all of these fun elements.  I took two close-up pictures so that you could see how I layered the elements.  I almost always use lots of pop dots on my projects.  I really should start investing in pop dot stock.  LOL 

I used one of the cake stand embellishments and attached it with pop dots and tucked a flower underneath.  You can also see the adorable banner.  Here's my last close-up:


Lots of layering and pop dots going on here.  Don't be afraid to bend your flowers up for added dimension and it also makes them look real.  I thought the leaves were a great addition, too.  I wasn't sure if I was going to use them, but they turned out to be just the right touch.

I hope you've enjoyed my little tutorial and we'd love to see your cards, using "fussy cutting".  You can upload your creations at our Facebook Group Page.  We look forward to seeing you there!!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!
    And I love all of the "embellishments" you got out of one piece of paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card but my oh my that's a LOT of cutting!!! Hugs,Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. cuting out papers is probably my favorite thing to do while scrapbooking ;)
    I know some people don"t want to cut out paper they really love but what I tend to do is buy 2 pieces of the same patterned paper, what to cut, and one to use just as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, Soiree is one of my favorite collections ever! Pretty pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik