Monday, June 11, 2012

Let's Hear It For The Guys!

It's Cheryl here with my very first post as a Chickadee.  If you want to read a little bit more about me, click on "The Chickadees" link over on the right hand side.  I'm thrilled to be a part of the Craft Your Nest Team and since I'm the "Card Chick" this is a card challenge.  Father's Day is in six more days, so my challenge is called "Let's Hear It For The Guys".  Your card doesn't have to be a Father's Day card, just make a card that's suitable for a guy.

My card could be for Father's Day, birthday, or some other occasion.  I just love this collection by Echo Park.  It's called Times & Seasons.   I used two different patterned papers and some of the "Elements Stickers".  I'm going to have a couple of  tips for you along the way, so be on the lookout for them.  First, let me show you my finished card.


Here's one of my tips: try turning your second layer at an angle.  It just "jazzes" your card up a bit and makes it more interesting.  Here's a close-up of some of the detail:


The antique car is one of the "Element Stickers" and I added a bow, made with jute string, just to give it a masculine touch.  The car is attached with pop dots to give it added dimension.  Here's another close-up picture:


The sentiment is also an "Element Sticker" and is attached with pop dots.  As you know, mustaches are all the rage right now and guess what?  There are some mustaches on the "Element Stickers".  So I just had to use one.  I wanted the mustache to be higher than the sentiment, so I attached it with "double pop dots".  Here's a close-up shot:


Here's my second tip: If you've ever worked with stickers (like these), you know that they're SO darned sticky!!!  If you sprinkle the sticky side with baby powder - voila!  the stickiness is gone and you can do whatever you want to do with them!!  (Your card smells good, too.  Haha)

Here's my finished card again:


You can enter the challenge on our Facebook Page.  We'll be looking for your awesome cards and can't wait to see what you create!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great card. It's so hard to make masculine ones (for me anyway) but this one is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik