Friday, July 27, 2012

Copycat Circles

Happy Friday!  Today I want to share a layout that was "scraplifted" from my inspiration journal.  




I recycle my magazines, but before I add them to the recycling pile, I rip out any pages that contain layouts or techniques that really spark my interest; these pages are then cut down and stapled into my inspiration notebook.  


I never scraplift entire pages though (seriously, it's way too stressful for me...I'm the same way with sketches, but we'll save that for another post!).  Usually one or two elements on a page catch my eye, and those elements I will then use as one of my layouts.


For today's layout, I was inspired by a page that contained a column of circles.  In today's video, I walk you through my process:








(You can hear my boys and cats in the background.  I really had to edit this one...my kitten kept jumping in front of the camera!)


Here's a close-up of the row of circles:



And one more time, here's the completed layout:


Do you keep an inspiration notebook?  Or do you pin all your favorite designs on Pinterest?  I actually do both.  ;)

Have you created anything lately that was inspired by another project (maybe even from here at Craft Your Nest)?  If so, we'd love to see them over on our Facebook group.

Have a great weekend!  I'll see you next week!

P.S.  Be on the lookout for a giveaway soon!

2 comments:

  1. Great layout, Dawn!! LOVE all the circles - they're one of my favorite elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! That row of circles is inspiring to me. And cute photos :)
    I can't watch the video yet because I am on the phone, but hope to later :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik