Wednesday, July 4, 2012

*Happy 4th of July Tags*

Today, I wanted to share some tags I made for my children to celebrate Independence Day
Of course the left one is for Erin :) I am always singing that Katy Perry song to her, "Baby, you're a firework. Come on show them what your worth..." I think it is one of her more positive songs.
And then the tag on the right is for Evan.

To make my tags, I started off with a bunch of fun product from my stash. The gray striped and chevron washi tape are probably the newest pieces. I ended up using folded over pieces of washi to top my tags in place of ribbon and stapled them in place. I also used tape on the left tag as a mask to create stripes.

The star punch is the oldest piece here, and it still comes in handy.
I punched out several stars from a piece of scrap paper and placed them on the tag. Then misted over with my blue and red mists. That is my handy little messy tray there for misting and painting small pieces.
Once the tag was dry, I removed the stars and embellished :)
Same for tag number two. Once the tag was dry after misting over the washi tape strips, I carefully removed the tape and added my letter stickers and misted wood veneer pieces.
Quick and easy tags!

I hope you enjoyed this little misting tag tutorial today.
And Happy 4th to all of our USA scrappers!

6 comments:

  1. Oh really cool, I don't have a star punch but I think I will give this a try. Maybe I can find a star sticker or something. Getting my craft on today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, definitely any star shape would work. I would recommend if using a sticker to rub the sticky side on your pants leg first to take off some of the adhesive which will make it easier to remove. Another tip would be to place stickers on paper and cut around them so you have something similar to a punched shape!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable, Dawn!! LOVE your tutorial!! Happy 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're actually Mary Jo's tags, Cheryl! They are adorable though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool Mary Jo. Hope you enjoyed this HOT 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tags Mary jo! I love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik