Monday, July 2, 2012

Hybrid Monday

Hello everybody and Happy Monday to all of you!  Can it really be Monday again ~ already?  Where has this last week gone?  We hope you've enjoyed our challenges for the last week and we've inspired you to try something new. 

Since the 4th of July is this week, I wanted to do one more project for this holiday.  I bought the Echo Park 4th of July digital kit this year and I've used it for several digital projects and also for this "hybrid" project.  I'd like to explain just a little bit about what that means.  Before I started digital scrapbooking, I would have had NO idea what that meant.

I used the embellishments (called elements) from this digital kit to print out and use on this tag.  Thus making it a "hybrid" project.  I'm not going to get technical here, but in case any of you try to do this and it fails, you first have to convert the files from PNG files to JPG's.  That's all I'm going to say about that because it gets too confusing.  If you'd like more details, just leave a message here or in our Craft Your Nest Facebook Group. 

I decided to have a Tag Challenge for you today.  Let me show you my "hybrid tag" and then I'll break it down:


I used this kit last week on my digital card, but I used it in a totally digital way.  This week, I'm using the SAME kit but in a "hybrid way".  I started out with this tag:


This was a Tim Holtz Grunge Board Tag that I painted white.  I actually painted it a long time ago, when I was painting some other things white and had just put it back in my "tag container" knowing that I'd use it sometime.  Well, it was just perfect for this challenge!  Here are some of the digital embellishments (elements) that I printed out on cardstock and then cut out:


I actually printed these out in a wallet-sized format. Sometimes, the elements are STILL too big and then I print them out in the "contact sheet size". Anyway, here are the elements and some red, white and blue ribbon.



These pictures will speak for themselves, but I just started gluing all of the elements on.  Note: I almost always tie my ribbon on before I start putting the embellishments on a tag.  That way, I know how much space I have to work with.  This is especially important when I glue an actual bow on the top of the tag.


Here's a close-up photo of the tag:


Of course, I used pop dots on the stars.  LOL  I don't ever seem to make anything without pop dots.   Here's my tag one more time:


I hope I've challenged you to try something new!  We'd love to see your take on this challenge ~ it does NOT need to be a hybrid tag.  You can upload your tags to our Craft Your Nest Facebook Group Page.  I'll see you next Monday and hope you have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!!

~ Cheryl ~

3 comments:

 
Images by Freepik