Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Photo-less Layout Challenge

I have noticed that in the past few years my scrapbook layouts have become more about our every day life, rather than just major events. I really enjoy scrapbooking those every day moments so much more. Don't get me wrong. I still cover the events, but I can only scrapbook so many birthdays before I find myself longing to tell a story about Erin and her favorite baby doll. Or Evan and his love of architecture :)

Although sometimes I want to tell a story that I just don't have a photo for. But of course, I don't let that stop me. In fact, I have created a few layouts and even a mini-album or two that do not include photos at all!

I absolutely love music! I am a music junkie and always listening to my ipod (especially when I clean house). So I really wanted to document some of my favorite songs that I was listening to on my ipod. I know I could have taken a photo of my ipod to go with the layout, but really I just didn't need to. Instead I had fun playing with embellishments :)
Here is a more recent layout also using a favorite song of the moment. "I'll Hit You Back" by Jane's Addiction. I created it using the Communication kit this month from Scrapbooking From the Inside Out.
Since the theme was communication, I thought of this song and used a copy of the lyrics instead of a photo.

And here is an example of a mini album with no photos.

Just some tags for embellishing, lines from a poem and my thoughts on each double page spread :)

And for fun another mini album...
about why I love scrapbooking :)

Lots of reasons in fact in this little mini :)

Scrapbooking without photos can be fun , relaxing and a great chance to play with product :)
So my challenge for you: create a layout or mini without photos and just have fun telling a story and using all of that lovely product you have. Maybe even try a new technique as well!
Then when you are finished, please come over to our Facebook group (link on the upper right) and post your project for us to see :)

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, Mary Jo!! I especially think I'd like to try a mini album with no words! I've never thought about that before.

    LOVE your layouts, too - thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik