Monday, July 30, 2012

Vintage Card Challenge

Hi, Cheryl, your "Card Chick" here today.  When I first started scrapbooking (way back when) my first love was the vintage look.  Honestly, I've never stopping loving that look and it still makes it's way into a lot of my work.  I try to do other styles just because I don't want to get labeled with a certain style.  However, when I recently won a contest at Echo Park and could have had ANY of their This and That collections, which one did I choose?  Why, Times & Seasons, of course.  I knew that I would never get tired of that collection.

When I was thinking about what kind of a challenge to do this week, I decided to have a vintage card challenge.  Let me show you my finished card and then I'll fill you in on the details.


I used a vintage photograph on my card.  I found this one at Free Vintage Digital Images ~ which is the first place I head for all things vintage.  {I just gave away one of my "trade secrets".}  What ALSO makes this vintage card "look vintage" is the patterned paper.  It's from the Echo Park, This & That, Times & Seasons collections {that I won}.  You don't have to use an actual image to get the vintage look.  I also distressed some of the layers and added the jute bows.  Here are two close-up photographs:



If you'd like to create a vintage looking card and play along, you can upload your cards to our Craft Your Nest Facebook Group page.  We'd love for you to play along!

I'll see you back here next week.  Have a great week and happy Crafting!

~ Cheryl ~

3 comments:

  1. Love the distressing, Cheryl!
    Perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl I love your card, I, also, love vintage themed card.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mary Jo and Janet!! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik