Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Books, Books, and More Books! :)

I am a book junkie! I love to read more than anything.
Maybe even more than scrapbooking.
Shhh...did I just say that? :)
Seriously, to me there is nothing better than a nice stack of books just waiting to be read.
And this month, one of the layouts I created for Scrapbooking From the Inside Out, is all about books.
The theme for the kit this month is Escape. And for me, one of my favorite ways to escape is to simply read a book.
I took this photo with my phone using the Instagram app, but any old photo of a book or books would do.
In fact, you don't even need a photo. Maybe just a list of books to be read or favorite books.

And here are just a few ideas for creating projects using books as a theme:
-Are you a reader? Why or why not? Tell the story.
-What is your favorite book?
-Who is your favorite author?
-What is your favorite genre?
-Have you met any famous authors or gone to a book signing?
-Reading with your kids. What books do you like to read together?
-Print books versus e-readers. Which do you prefer?
-Favorite childhood stories.
-The Library

There are so many possibilities when it comes to telling stories about books and reading on a scrapbook page. Or even a mini-album! I am thinking of creating a mini album devoted to books. But I am still working out exactly what I want to do with it :)

So my challenge to you this week:
Create a project using "books/reading" as your theme

And please if you do, link up here or on our Facebook group page (link up on the right)
Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful layout and wonderful subject!! Reading is my favorite escape, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your design and such a great idea to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to document by book habit. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik