Friday, August 10, 2012

Cut It Up

Hello and happy Friday!  Cheryl, your Card Chick here, and this week I'd like to show you how to "cut it up".  I'm a patterned paper nut ~ I LOVE to use it any way I can.  Quite often, I even use it to make my own embellishments.  Sometimes, I actually buy paper just to cut up and make embellishments.  When I saw this busy paper covered with butterflies, for instance, I KNEW I'd never use it just for a background.  I KNEW that I'd cut all of those butterflies out by hand.  I still have a piece of it, so I scanned it for you:


The paper is 12 x 12, but I only have an 8 1/2 x 11 scanner ~ so you get the idea.  LOL  Busy, busy, busy, huh?  I actually had a vision when I bought several sheets of it, though.  Here's a card that I made, with a bright yellow background and I added some of the small butterflies:


I curled their wings for added dimension and attached them with tiny pop dots.  Here's another card that I made, using some more of the butterflies:


This time, I used one of the larger butterfles and one small one.  I also curled their wings and added rhinestones.  Do you recognize that flower?  It's cut from the same paper that the first card is made from.  I cut out some of the petals and overlapped and stacked them.  Like I said, I'm a patterned paper nut.

My challenge to you is to "cut it up".  Make your own embellishments ~ you can use flowered patterned paper, for instance.  Cut out the flowers and use them for embellishments on a card, or cut out some butterflies, if you have some.  Go through your scrapbook stash box and find some of that busy paper and make your own embellishments.  Let your imagination run wild.

If you'd like to join in on this challenge, or any of our challenges, upload your project to our Facebook Group page.

Til next Friday, have a great weekend and "Happy Scrapping"!

~ Cheryl ~

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards, Cheryl! I love that paper (I have a sheet, too)

    Lisa Rea - Scrappy Distractions

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik