Friday, August 31, 2012

Gift Cards

Good morning, Nesters!  I hope you're having a great Friday!  Cheryl here, and this week, I'm going to share some little gift cards that I love to make, using my left-over scrapping supplies.

Here's a bunch of Christmas odds and ends that I had left over from last year:


Here are some random pieces of cardstock that I pulled out of my scrapbox:


I turned all of these odds and ends into these little 3" x 3" gift cards.  All of them were made out of left-overs:


How cute are these?  They're SO much fun and SO easy to make.  I promise you, they're very addicting!  Each card base measures 3" x 6" and you just  fold that in half.  Cut a piece of patterned paper approximately 3" x 3" (sometimes I cut mine just a little smaller) attach it to the front of the card and embellish.


I added patterned paper, a circle that I punched out of another piece of patterned paper and these tiny bows.  Easy peasy.


For a little twist, just use one piece of cardstock (3" x 3") and make a cute tag.  I just attached the punched out circle of patterned paper to the tag and added the cute little bow.  I punched a hole in the corner and added jute to tie the tag onto a gift bag.


Here are three more that I made with a slightly different look.  These are all made the same way.  Make them as plain or as fancy as you want.

You don't have to limit yourselves to Christmas gift cards.  These are nice to make, and keep on hand, for any occasion.  You can make these cards 4" x 4" as well.  I kind of like this size, but that's just a personal preference.  If you wanted to get "scientific", you could "plan" your cuts on a piece of 12" x 12" cardstock.  Personally, I find if much more challenging and fun to dig around in my scrapbox.  LOL

If you haven't joined us over on Facebook, come on over!  We'd love to have you.  Don't forget to "like" us at our Facebook page, too.  If you'd like to try making some of these cuties, we'd love to see them.  You can upload them in our Facebook Group.

Thanks for stopping by today!

~ Cheryl ~




2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great idea!! I need to pull out all those unused embellishments I have laying around and do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Cheryl! What a great way of using those small scraps and odds and ends. So cute

    Lisa - Scrappy Distractions
    www.ScrappyDistractions.blogspot.com
    Member of Sketches 4 All

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik