Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Triangle Challenge!

A recent trend in scrapbooking I have been noticing lately is the addition of triangles to scrap pages. It kind of goes hand in hand with chevrons which have also been hot. They are both a great way to add movement to a page and draw your eye along a layout.
For two of my recent design team projects, I was inspired to add a few triangles to my pages.
The triangles on this page actually come from this Dear Lizzy banner...
that I took apart in a few places.
On this layout, I actually cut the triangles from the tips of some of the chevrons of this paper...

that is from the Pink Paislee Prairie Hill line.
And here are a few more favorite triangular products.
The Crafter's Workshop has this great template I can just see being used as a mask for misting or with any other type of mixed media medium. Plus their site has great how to video's as well!
Love, love, love wood veneer! It has taken the place of chipboard for me these days, and Studio Calico has lots of fun shapes. Especially these banner pieces.
And triangle washi! I found this roll by Love My Tapes at www.twopeasinabucket.com

So my challenge to you this week - create a project using triangles.
And just to help you along, here is a little inspiration that I found on Pinterest.
Love quilts and love the colors!
And the great thing about Pinterest? Because of this photo I discovered this blog - Sew, Mama, Sew!
I am a basic sewer only. Fixing holes and replacing buttons.
But this blog looks like so much fun! :)

Would love to see any creations made using my triangle challenge!
Check out our Facebook group (link to right) or link your project in the comments here :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the triangles. Love how you used them on these layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas on how to make triangles. I love your samples and inspiration pictures, too. I need to use triangles more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used triangles on this layout! They really do make your eye move along the layout and focus on certain aspects.

    Those wood veneer banners are too cute! I think I need to get my hands on some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Lo's!!
    What a fun challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik