Friday, August 17, 2012

What Do You Do With It?


Hello Nesters and Happy Friday!  Cheryl  here with a new ATC and a project challenge.  You know I'm the "Card Chick", but you also know that I love making ATCs.  First of all, let me show you my newest "tiny treasure", based on a sketch by Pagemaps:



People almost always ask me the same thing.  "What do you DO with the ATCs that you make"?  Well, I keep most of them.  (You know I'm a hoarder and that's just one more thing I hoard.  LOL)  However, I've just started turning some of them into wall art.  (It's not actually on the wall yet, but it will be.)  I bought four identical wooden layout frames and here's what the first one looks like:



I filled this 12 x 12 layout frame with two of my favorite cards (that I couldn't part with ~ I hoard some of them too) and four of my ATCs.  I used a piece of 12 x 12 patterned paper for my background.  I think this one is Rusty Pickle ~ I wanted to use something with script on it.  I actually attached the patterned paper to the 12 x 12 piece of cardboard that was already in the picture frame, because the paper I used was very thin.  Then I proceeded to make a "scrapbook page" just using my cards and ATCs.  They're all just attached to the background paper just like a page.  So, now I just have to get those other three identical frames filled.  Something to do in my "spare time", right??

If you'd like to see the four ATCs out of the frame, come on over to my blog and take a look.

My question to you is: "Have you ever turned your papercrafting projects into a home decor piece"?  If so, we'd LOVE to see them!  All you have to do is join our Facebook Craft Your Nest Group (if you haven't already) and upload your projects there.

C'mon over and join in on the fun!  Even if you don't have a project to share, join our Group!  We'd love to have you!!  I'll see you again next Friday here on the blog and hope to see you over on Facebook!!

~ Cheryl ~

1 comment:

 
Images by Freepik