Friday, September 7, 2012

Hybrid Fridays

Hello Nesters!   Cheryl here to chat a little about "hybrid scrapbooking".  Are you intimidated by the term "hybrid"?  Don't feel alone ~ a lot of people are.  I read once that even if you do some journaling on your computer, print it out and add it to a paper layout, you've created something "hybrid".  Well heck, I've been doing that since I started scrapbooking.  In today's environment, it's SO easy to go hybrid because of the plethora of digital products on the market.  I'm going to show you that you don't need Photoshop OR to a knowledge of digital scrapbooking to create hybrid projects.

For the next few weeks, I thought I'd talk about hybrid projects and give you some ideas to try on your own projects.  I have two paper layouts that I'm going to focus on this week and they're definitely hybrid pages.  I'm on the Design Team at Sketches4All and we have sponsored challenges throughout the year.  The sponsors provide the Design Team Members with product and we have to come up with examples that will hopefully entice the members to buy these products from our sponsors.

One of our themes was "Make a Fall Project" and our sponsor was The Cutting Cafe.  As you probably know, Regina's images are digital.  You buy them, then download them, then print them out.  Regina gave us the images she wanted us to use.  There were several sizes of Fall Bingo Cards, in colors and black and white.  She also wanted us to use her digital frames around some of them.  Everything else was up to us.  Here's one of the layouts I created:


As you can see, I used five fall colored Bingo Cards.  After downloading them and printing them out, I cut them out, inked the edges then attached them to the digital frames that were in the same set.  How cute do they look on this fall layout?  All I did was add a few more embellishments and some journaling tags.  That's one example of what to do with "digital downloads".  Here's another layout I did for the same challenge:


This time I printed the larger black and white Bingo Cards.  I added them in a random fashion right onto my paper layout.  Don't they look striking on the green background?

If this seems just too easy to really be hybrid, it's not.  I absolutely love using digital images and even print my own digital paper if I can't find specifically what I'm looking for in my stash.

If this interests you and you want to ask me any questions or want me to explain anything, just leave a comment here.  We'd also love for you to join our Craft Your Nest Facebook Group, if you haven't already.  We're always talking over there and I'd be happy to hear your ideas.

I'll be back next Friday with another project that I created using the fall images from The Cutting Cafe.  You don't want to miss any upcoming Fridays either, because I'm going to be sharing some free hybrid ideas with you!

~ Cheryl ~


2 comments:

  1. I love looking at hybrid projects! Other than journaling and printing some patterned papers, I haven't done much of it at all. I've been collecting tons of digital elements though, so I need to start. Love the layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I actually posted on your personal blog about how much I love those Bingo cards and forgot to come post here as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik