Friday, September 21, 2012

Hybrid Scrapping Part 3

Hello again!  It sure does seem like Fridays roll around fast, doesn't it?  I promised to give you some more hints about hybrid scrapbooking and cardmaking this week.  I even promised to give you some FREE information!!

First of all, if you ever need something that you don't have, like a certain kind of stamp, for instance, just "Google" whatever you're looking for.   Last January, I wanted to make a card with a cute snowman on it and I didn't have any in my stash.  (I had used up every single cute snowman in my Christmas creations and I wanted to make a January snow card.)  So, I "Googled" "free digital snowman stamps".  I looked at several different links and ended up looking on About.com.  Look what I found:


Is that not perfect?  Of course, like I told you last week, you have to make sure that the image you are going to use is copyright free and that you are permitted to use it.  This stamp was perfect to use because right below the stamp, it gave the instructions on how to download it and save it to your file.  That's when you KNOW it's okay to use!

All you have to do is click on the image and "right click" on your mouse and "save it" to the file you want to save it to.   Here's the same snowman after I saved it to my files:


Now you're ready to resize the image and print it out.  Here's the card that I created with this free image:


This piece of swirly red paper was the perfect backdrop for a frosty snowman and a few snowflakes.  I used "Snow Writer" on my snowman and also sprinkled him with glitter.

After I got him colored, covered with "snow" and glittered, I fussy cut him out and attached him to my card.  I even bent his arms out for added dimension.  I also added tiny black beads to make his eyes look a little bigger.  I punched out the snowflakes, added glitter and a rhinestone in the center and added the blue rhinestones to match his scarf and hatband.

There are so many free images out there ~ it's absolutely endless!!  Who doesn't love FREE??   I have even found patterned paper free on the internet.  (I didn't have any St. Patrick's Day paper last year and I was asked to be a Guest Designer and do something for St. Patrick's Day, so I found some great paper on the internet.  But, hey ~ that's for another post, isn't it?  LOL)

Thanks for stopping by today and if you'd like to share anything digital or hybrid, leave me a message here.  You can also upload any projects that you'd like to share with us over on our Facebook Group Page, too.

~ Cheryl ~


1 comment:

  1. ooh I love what you did with this! Great idea to use the snow on him.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik