Friday, September 28, 2012

Hybrid/Vintage Friday

Hi Nesters!  Cheryl here again and I've got lots of FREE things to show you today!!

One of my very favorite sites on the whole wide internet is Free Vintage Images.  This FREE site is run by a wonderful woman named Pamela who so generously collects, catalogs and then GIVES away the most awesone  FREE vintage images.  I don''t know why she keeps GIVING these away except that she's just so darned nice!!

It would take me ten or more posts to show you all of the images I've collected from her plus all of the projects I've made with her images.  What I REALLY love about Pamela's site is that not only are the images free, they're free in every sense is the word.

So, let me show you a few of the cards that I've created using just a few of these wonderful vintage images.


This has to be one of my favorite images and I didn't even have to color her in!!  Exactly how did I get her?  When you find an image on Free Vintage Images that you want, you first click on it and it will enlarge.  After you do that, right click on the image and "save to" your picture files.

So, you've got an image that you love ~ so what now?  Well, now you have to print it out.  How's the best way to do that?  I wait until I have several pictures to print so that I can fill up a sheet of cardstock.  Almost always, I print my images out in "wallet" size.  That's either six or nine images, depending on your program.

After you have them printed out, cut them apart with your cutter.  Set aside the images that you'll use at a later time.

Here's what my card looks like and then I'll break it down a little more:


I used a piece of dotted swiss cardstock for the front of my card.  The piece of paper that the image is matted on is a piece of digital paper too.  It's a piece of Cosmo Cricket digital paper that I printed out and cut to the size I wanted it.  I printed it out in a 3 1/2 x 5 size.  Here's another picture:


I just added some vintage looking embellishments and some tickets and a little strip of 97% Complete from 7Gypsies.  It says, "I love you just the way you are."


Aren't these little girls just adorable?  Free image again ~ saved and printed in the same way.  I double matted this one and added it to a plaid card that almost matches the plaid on one of the little ones.  I distressed the edges on this one a bit.  Here's another picture:


Cute, huh?  And SO easy!  Look at this amazing photograph:


Here's what I turned this free vintage image into:


Here's another picture, because I want you to see the writing:


"You never know when you're making a memory" ~ isn't that beautiful?  Isn't that what photography and creating beautiful things is all about too?   Aren't we lucky to be engaged in this wonderful hobby where we can keep all of these memories alive?


Thanks so much for giving up a little of your precious time to stop by and see what I was up to today.   As always, if you'd like to share anything with us, vintage creations or just conversation, come on over and join us at the Craft Your Nest Facebook Group Page!

Have a wonderful Friday and weekend and "Happy Crafting"!

~ Cheryl ~

5 comments:

  1. Adorable cards, Cheryl!
    And such a great resource :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really neat cards! I love vintage images-that photo is probably my favorite of the three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just GORGEOUS Cheryl!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee those vintage goodies you added to your cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards!! Love all of your vintage cards!!
    My favorite is the 1s one!!
    Way to rock this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all!!! I'm glad you enjoyed my vintage freebies!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik