Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Alphabet Tip and a Winner!

I have been using these Thickers alphabet stickers by American Crafts a lot in recent layouts.
I have two sets of them. One I had purchased and the most recent came in my October kit by Scrapbooking From the Inside Out.
I created these layouts this past summer...
and then a few more for Scrapbooking From the Inside Out projects...
But for the next two layouts, I decided to change them up just a little bit :)
We received a bottle of Tattered Angels glimmer glaze in our kit this month, and I wanted to see how it worked on the foam letters.
And I was able to make the word Ireland stand out in my title just a bit more. The glaze worked wonderfully on the foam Thickers.
Then for my next layout, I just pulled out one of my Color Box cat's eye Fluid Chalk Inkpad's in Yellow Cadmium...
and was able to stamp the numbers perfectly! The yellow blended more with my papers and helped the title pop better than just the plain white color.

So my tip to you, is don't be afraid to play with your foam letters a little bit and change them up if you need another color. They make the "mistable" Thickers now, but they are pretty expensive compared to the plain foam letters. So I think I am going to give my mists and paints a try the next time I need some added color :)

And now for a winner! Thanks to all of our new followers and Facebook group members for joining in here at Craft Your Nest. We are happy to see all of the new faces :)
I cut up the entries for blog followers and then added an extra entry for each person who joined the group as well.

Then Erin reached into the envelope of names for me...
and pulled out this one!

love and follow this blog thanks for sharing the freebies
i love free99


So Rosey, if you could email me at mmrhoda@sbcglobal.net with your address, I will send out your prize :)

Thanks again!






5 comments:

  1. Great layouts. I like those thick stickers-they really add a lot to a page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Lo's!!
    Love the stitching on the 2nd one!!
    Don't you love the glimmer glam glitter paints!
    I love using those alpha too to alter them!!
    Your alphas look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you changed up the letters! They really took the new colors nicely!

    Congratulations Rosey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tips for changing up these Thickers, Mary Jo!! I need to start trying more things like this.

    Congratulations, Rosey!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello again!

    Great idea! I don't use the alphabets very often - I will have to start! Love your photos of Erin - beautiful child! Wishing you well!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik