Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Card!

Today I wanted to share a card I made using the Teresa Collin's Celebrate line. The very line Dawn used on her last post and is giving away to one lucky winner next Monday! If you still would like to enter, you can see her post here. :)

Dawn was kind enough to also send a set of papers and a transparency to Cheryl and I to work with.
Recently I was needing to make a quick card to take to a birthday luncheon with friends.
So I reached for the Celebrate papers and got to work!
Simple and easy! I found a place on the Happy Birthday patterned paper where a red "happy birthday" would be in a good position. Then I cut a few strips from the cupcake paper. I matted a smaller strip of three on a red b side of one of the papers, and then placed a larger strip of cupcakes on the inside to make it a little more decorative.

The small set of cupcakes on the front are actually raised a bit with pop dots as well.
I'm sorry I didn't get more closeups but I was in a hurry to get out the door to the lunch celebration. :)

I am looking forward to using this line on a few more projects in the future!
And I will be back next Wednesday with my own giveaway :)
Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, quick and simple but so dang cute!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this kit wonderful for cards????? LOVE yours!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik