Friday, October 19, 2012

More Digital Sites & A Winner

I thought I'd let you in on a few of my favorite digital sites on the internet.  If you read my posts very often, you'll know that one of my go-to sites for vintage images is Free Vintage Images.  You can sign up for email updates too, which is nice.  Whatever you're looking for, just type it in the search bar (on the site) and you'll probably find it.  I've been using these images for a long long time.  I LOVE using the images from Free Vintage Images because they're copyright free and there are NO restrictions on them!!  I LOVE that.

A site that I was just introduced to is called Free Pretty Things.  They also have free vintage clipart, as well as DIY projects and challenges. You'll need to check out their policies, because I'm new to that site.  Remember that when you download any digital images, free or otherwise, there are usually "strings" attached and you need to understand what those are.  A lot of sites call it the "Angel Policy" and it will be posted someplace on the site.  Just be sure to read it.

I also recently signed up for updates from Pugsley Pixel.  There's a lot of Photoshop information on there and lots of blog design tips.  I haven't had a whole lot of time to explore, but I think it's going to be a great informational resource site.

Somebody left me a comment the other day and said they didn't know Echo Park was selling digital scrapbooking kits now.  I use Echo Park digitals all the time and quite often Jessica Sprague has them for $1.00!!!  That's right ~ $1.00!!  I ALWAYS snap them up!  When Jessica has One Buck Wednesday, she always has some great bargains on other digital collections, too!!  Just because they're SO awesome, I've got to show you the three Echo Park digital kits that I just bought.




How cool are these???  If you'll notice, these all say "hybrids" on them.  They're definitely digital scrapbooking kits, but I also love to convert the png files to jpgs, print them on cardstock and cut them out and use on them on paper projects.  They're really versatile like that.  The kits that contain tags, titles and larger elements are especially conducive to hybrid projects.  One of the new digital kits I just bought had a whole folder of card elements ~ wow!)

Here's one more digital site that has a free daily download.  They send you one element each day from a specific kit.  You can also buy some awesome digital kits from them at very reasonable prices.  It's called Digital Scrapbooking Experts (DSE) for short.  They also have great digital tutorials.  I get a freebie from DSE every day in my inbox.

These are just a few of the sites that offer free digital supplies ~ there are lots of them out there ~ you just have to start looking.  I actually started "collecting" and saving free digi elements long before I started to scrapbook digitally.  Here's a hint ~ you have find a "system" that best works for you.  You have to be able to "find" all of the digital files that you save.  The number one issue I've heard from beginning digital scrapbookers is that they have trouble "finding" the files they keep.  It's kind of frustrating if you don't have a "system".

And now, for the winner from my post next week.  Here are the two things that I'm giving to one of our followers who left me a comment last week:


K & Company's Life Journey Chipboard Letters and:


A sheet of Webster's Pages Mini Messages.


I numbered your comments in the order in which they were posted.

  1. Rosey
 2. Sarah
 3. Maria
 4. Stacy
5. Pam
      6. Michelle

And the winner is.....................................# 5 ~ Pam!!!


Congratulations, Pam!  Please email me at cherylndesigns@gmail.com and give me your mailing information.

Thanks to ALL of you for leaving such nice comments and joining The Nest!!  If you've already entered the world of digital scrapbooking, or if you're just starting to get interested, I'd love to hear about it.  If you have any comments or questions or suggestions for future posts, or possible challenges, I'd love to hear about those, too.

Thanks for stopping by today and sharing your time with us.  We'd love for you to become a follower if you aren't already.  We have a growing Craft Your Nest Group on Facebook that we'd love to have you join too.  
















2 comments:

 
Images by Freepik