Friday, November 23, 2012

A Tropical Christmas Card

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday and that you're not in too much of a "food coma".

Last week, I promised you that I was going to turn my Aloha Santa layout (from MyMemories) into a Christmas card.  Here's my Aloha Santa card.


Here's a side view of my card.


Whenever I turn a 12" x 12" layout into a card, I always take a side view to show that is really IS a card.  LOL  So, how did I go from this:


To this?:

That's another beauty of digital ~ you can make it almost any size you want to.  First, you have to print out your image.  I used Picasa, but you can use whatever program you want to use.  I've included a little tutorial below.

When you click on "print", your image will need to be resized to make it square.  Here's what it will look like:


All you have to do to make it square is click on "shrink to fit".  Here's what the first image will look like ~ it will be shown on a "full sheet".


You want your card to measure about 6" x 6", so click on 5x7 print size:


See how much smaller the print is?  I usually print two "cards" out on a sheet of cardstock, so I clicked on "copies per photo":


You're all set to print your "cards" out now.  I use white cardstock when I'm printing out a card.

All you have to do now is cut your images out and attach to your card base.


Thanks for stopping by today and we'd love to have you join us in our Craft Your Nest Facebook Group, if you haven't already.

We're looking for guest bloggers so if you're interested, leave us a comment here or in our FB Group.

~ Cheryl ~

2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable and so fun!!
    Love the tropical design and that Santa is so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute as a card!! Thanks for the tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik