Friday, November 16, 2012

A Tropical Merry Christmas

Hello and happy Friday!  I have my digital scrapbooking hat on today.  I've been making (paper) Christmas cards and tags all week but last night I switched gears and created this digital layout.


I got an email from MyMemories and one thing led to another and I ended up on their blog.  I started reading the blog and I came to their post about their 2nd Annual Workshop in Orlando, Florida.  What first caught my eye was the blog header for this particular blog post.

It was made with the typical "Florida Christmas" look.  We spent every Christmas vacation in South Florida for many years then lived there for seven.  If you've ever lived in a tropical climate or vacationed in one at Christmas, you know just what I'm talking about.

Well, I had these pangs of nostalgia when I saw this blog header, so I left a comment and asked if the blog header was by any chance made from a kit.  I got an email shortly, from Lisa, letting me know that a kit was available and she even sent me the link!  I immediately went to the MyMemories store and found the kit and purchased it.  I downloaded it and created this layout.  (One of the many things I LOVE about digital scrapbooking is instant gratification!)  This kit is called "Aloha Santa" but it totally looks like "Florida Santa".

Here's the adorable kit:


If you're interested in buying the MyMemories Digital Suite, you can use the Craft Your Nest code and save $10.00.  The software program sells for $39.97, but if you use the code STMMMS12633 you can save $10.00 off the purchase price.

This kit cost $6.99 and I think it is well worth it!  I'm going to turn this layout into a card ~ but you'll have to come back next week to see that.  So, hopefully, I'll see you back here next Friday.

We're looking for Guest Bloggers ~ if you're interested ~ leave a comment here or in our Craft Your Nest Facebook Group.

~ Cheryl ~





2 comments:

  1. So cute!! I love the tropical santa cards. I haven't seen one in a while.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik