Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Where to Look for Those Calls!

I am by no means a regular submitter to the magazines or for design team calls. But I have occasionally tried out for a team I thought would work for me, or submitted a layout I had on hand that fit a magazine call.

I think the main reason I don't submit consistently is that it can be a lot of work to hunt down all of those calls. Thankfully there are now two sites that do most of the work for you.
The first is a site called Design Team Calls.
The posts on the main home page keep scrapbookers updated on the newest calls being announced as well as new design team members that make the teams. In addition, there is a fun advice and tips section with designer interviews and behind the scenes info from companies! And of course you can see a listing of all the current calls for magazines, blogs, kit clubs and more under the "calls list" tab.
Also now available is a section for challenges and contests that even has a list of prizes!
There is a premium membership known as the Design Team Calls Insider available but it's not something that I personally have found necessary. The site seems to have enough great resources without all of the "extras".

I have to say I am personally grateful to Susan's site, because this one was where I discovered the design team call for Crafting Ireland magazine. Since it is a newer magazine, I don't think I would have been aware of the call if I had not seen it on the Design Team calls site. :)

The second site is 100% free at this time. DT Calls is a simpler site that has a nice blog format on the home page with tabs for a list of current calls and challenges.
With this site, you don't get some of the extra tips and advice. But it has a nice no-nonsense approach to finding calls quickly.

Both sites have Facebook pages which you can access from their home pages which is helpful!

So if one of your scrapbook goals is to be published in a magazine or find a design team position, these sites may be helpful to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik