Friday, January 25, 2013

Do Something Different

Hello and Happy Friday!  I decided to do something that I haven't done for a long time ~ stamp.  I mean with a rubber stamp and ink.  I've been in such a digital stamp mode for a couple of years and have to admit that I love them ~ but I just felt like "doing something different".

Before I get into talking about what I created with the stamps, I want to take a small detour.  Wednesday, Mary Jo blogged, about WOYWW (which stands for What's on your Workspace Wednesday).  She posted a picture of what was on her workspace and some of us posted similar pictures in our Facebook Group.

Here's the picture that I posted.


I was just starting to work on a vintage tag that I was going to put a stamped picture of the Eiffel Tower on.

Later on in the day, I took another picture of my "creative chaos".


I get "everything but the kitchen sink" out when I'm working on a project.  I never know for sure what I'll end up using, so I just start pulling anything out that I think I might use.  I didn't even end up using the stick pins that are in the top picture.  I had a mental picture of how I was going to use them, but it just didn't materialize.

Here's my finished tag.  I used two rubber stamps ~ the Eiffel Tower and Create.  I stamped both of them out on tan cardstock and cut them out and attached them to my tag.  I inked the Eiffel Tower stamped image all the way around with black distress ink and I attached "Create" with pop dots.



I made a fun "discovery" that I'd like to share with you:


See that silver beaded trim?  While I was playing around, some of it got flipped upside down and I discovered that the wrong side was really very cool!  I ended up using the wrong side of the trim ~ I had fully intended to use the silver side, but the black side looks so much better with my tag.  Love that!



Have you done anything different lately?  It was really a nice change of pace for me to get out some rubber stamps and ink.  Have you tried a brand new technique, maybe - something you've never tried before?  We'd love to hear about it or better yet, see something "different" that you've been working on!  I'd love to read your comments here and we'd love to see your pictures in our Facebook Group.

Don't forget about my "Photo Inspiration Challenge", too.  It doesn't end until February 18th.  We have a couple of entries and would love to see more!  Here's a picture of the 1st prize:


See that silver trim at the top?  That's the trim that I flipped over to the black side on my tag.  If at least 6 different people participate, I'm going to give a 2nd prize, too.


Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful weekend!

~ Cheryl ~


4 comments:

  1. Loving your tag and that challenge prize is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty tag!!
    Love that stamp ypu used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag! Love that you used the back of the trim. You just never know what you'll discover on a messy desk. lol

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik