Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Free Scrapbook Videos at Two Peas in a Bucket

One of my favorite scrapbook sites, Two Peas in a Bucket, has an exciting new feature for 2013 - daily videos Monday through Saturday!
In 2012, they had a few videos here and there with the most consistent being the popular Glitter Girl series. Now, it looks as if project and tutorial videos are going to be a regular feature over there!

On Mondays, the video series consists of a project with several prompts. At the end of 2013, they will have given 213 prompts in all of the videos combined. That is a nice little bit of inspiration to get the creative juices flowing when you are stuck. :)
So far I have watched two out of the four videos and found them both interesting. I liked Corrie Jones technique she used with mists to draw the heart on her page the second week.

This is one of my favorite of the new series! Each Tuesday, the design team members show you how to put together a layout using mood boards of their own creation. This is a fun source of inspiration, which is especially true for those of us who use Pinterest :)
Shimelle Lane's Glitter Girl is back for another year on Wednesdays solving all of the crafty problems that surface on the general scrapbooking message board. And while I love the Glitter Girl series, I wonder if there are enough topics to cover another full year. But it's a fun and creative series that usually has some great tips and tricks!

A great series where you are encouraged to use your stash every Thursday! I have enjoyed the two most recent videos by Jill Sprott and Paige Evans. But I think Jill has produced my favorite video so far out of all the series. She has an interesting teaching manner and puts together great pages. I am looking forward to seeing more videos by her in the upcoming year.

On Fridays, you will be seeing double as the design team members show how to simplify the process by using similar design elements on a layout and a card or a tag at the same time. I have yet to watch any of these videos, but plan to watch the video by Lisa Dickinson using the quilt star punch on her layout as well as a card.

And finally on Saturdays, for all of you Project Lifers, there is a series just devoted to the Project Life process. I still plan on watching these even though I am not doing PL...yet. But I think I will in the future, and it will be great to learn some tips.

So there you have it! If you enjoy scrapbook videos, there is more than enough to keep you busy over at Two Peas in 2013. :)


3 comments:

  1. I'll have to check these out! I'm a member at 2Peas, but have to admit that I haven't been over there for awhile.

    Thanks for posting these, Mary Jo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A lot of fun things going on over there!
    I'm a member there too but I have not been over there in awhile.
    I will have to check it out one day!
    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up. I love watching videos but usually forget to check for new ones.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik