Wednesday, January 9, 2013

One Little Word 2013

So you may be hearing a lot these days on the scrapbook message boards and blogs how people are choosing their "One Little Word".
I first heard about the "One Little Word" idea on Ali Edward's blog a few years back. For those of you who don't know who AE is, you can read more on her current blog here.
Ali Edwards was the original inspiration that changed scrapbooking for me forever!
Back in 2004, I was completely addicted to scrapbooking but becoming bored with my Creative Memory style. I just wanted more!
As I was surfing the internet one day, I stumbled across a pretty well known site called Two Peas in a Bucket. While exploring the site, I clicked on their design team page for the Garden Girls. Ali Edwards was the first one listed, and so her gallery was the first that I checked out.
It was as if a whole new world of scrapbooking had opened up for me!
I loved her style and the way she used product so creatively.
She had a philosophy about scrapbooking that just really clicked for me. :)

In the past few years, I have joined in with the One Little Word project twice choosing the words "breathe" and "purpose".
This year my focus word is...
Humor :)
It fits so well with where I am in life right now.

I created this layout for a challenge over at Two Peas in a Bucket right now using your "One Little Word". You can see the video here.
If you would like to learn more about "One Little Word", I would actually recommend starting with this blog post by Ali Edwards from when she chose her first word back in 2007. It goes more into depth about what "One Little Word" is really all about.

Then if you are interested or have already picked your word, I invite you to check out the challenge over at 2p's. It is actually what gave me the push to pick a word this year! :)
Feel free to share your word or any layout or project you create with your word here in the comments, or on our Facebook Group page (link on the top right).
Happy Creating! :)

6 comments:

  1. Love your layout and your OLW, Mary Jo!

    Ali totally changed the direction that my scrapbooking took, too. I discovered her about the same time you did. I still look at her book "The Designer's Eye" when I get stuck. The "word" on the front of the book is "play".

    My OLW for 2013 is "anticipate".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I have that one, too!! :)
      Love anticipate. It's an exciting word :)

      Delete
  2. I love your layout and your word!

    My OLW for this year is "present".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool word, Katie!
      Something I have been trying to do more.
      Focus on the present!

      Delete
  3. Lovely layout and that's a great word. Sometimes you have to laugh or you just want to cry. lol

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik