Friday, January 11, 2013

Valentine Collections

Hello and welcome back to my regular Friday posts.  I hope you had a wonderful holiday season!  

I've been making Valentine's Day cards this week.  I bought three Valentine's Day collections this year ~ Pink Paislee, Crate Paper and Echo Park.  Part of these collections are made up of stickers that match the patterned paper.  That brings me to the subject of today's post ~ the matching stickers.

Let me preface this by saying that I LOVE the matching stickers that come with any collections!!  I don't know if it's just one of my "peculiarities" but those stickers are really sticky.  How many times have you not gotten the sticker just exactly where you want it?  I have done that and by the time I realize it's not exactly where I want it ~ it's too late.  Those little rascals are so sticky that if I tried to move them, I usually tore the paper.

Here's a picture I took of some of the gorgeous patterned papers and some of the matching stickers.


I have a little "secret" that I'd like to share with you.  Want to see my "secret"?


It's baby powder and a paper plate.


Sprinkle some baby powder on the paper plate.


Pull the sticker off the sheet and "dredge" the sticky side in the baby powder.


Here is a whole sheet of gorgeous stickers all "dredged" and brushed off, of course, and ready to put wherever I want to put them.  I now have total control over where these stickers end up.  (And they smell really good too.)

Here's just one of the cards that I created using one of the stickers above.  I attached it to the doily with pop dots.


Here's a close-up photograph of this sweet sticker.


Like I said, you might already know this "secret".  Maybe the stickiness doesn't bother you, but once I have an entire sheet of stickers "de-stickied" I'm ready to start creating.  (I just had to come up with a remedy for my "peculiarity" and thought I'd share it.)

On a more serious note, I made a lot of Valentine's Day cards this year because I'm donating most of them to a charity.  I found a wonderful card charity called "Snail Mail for Seniors" and you can read all about their mission on their Facebook page.  I'm planning to donate most of the cards I make this year to them ~ they're just asking for Valentine's Day cards until the 20th of January.  If you'd like to see some of the cards I've created, I'm putting them on my blog as I get a few of them done and photographed.

Thanks for stopping by today and I'll be back next Friday.

~ Cheryl ~



3 comments:

  1. Sweet card, Cheryl!
    And great tip. I did not know that one.
    Usually I just rub the sticky side on my pants to take a little of the stick off. But that doesn't always work. I usually end up with something else on there like lint :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - that's funny, Mary Jo. Glad I could pass on something new. :)

      Delete
  2. That is beautiful! I remember that secret from the sticker planet catalog...way back in the old days (the 1900's. lol)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik