Friday, February 15, 2013

An Arched Dimensional ATC

Happy Friday!  It's no secret that I love making ATCs (Artist Trading Cards).  These little pieces of art are only 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" inches and can be either vertical or horizontal.  Did you know that an ATC can also have an arched top?  Let me show you one I made that's both arched and dimensional as well.


You can get a lot of impact from a dimensional ATC and it's a lot easier than you might think.  To make this ATC, I used some of the Graphic 45 Communique collection.  I also used Mod Podge and a pair of very sharp scissors.



First thing I did was make my ATC base with an arched top.


To make this dimensional ATC, I used 4 identical images.  The first of the four images will be attached directly to your ATC base.


The other 3 identical images are going to be cut out.



I fussy cut 3 of the images, as shown below, and coated each one with Mod Podge.


After these images were dry, I turned them over and attached Zots to the back of each one, for dimension.


All you have to do now is "stack" the three identical images on top of each other.


Here's another view of the "stacked" images.


Now, just attached the 3 "stacked" images to the front of the ATC and you're all done.  I also "sanded" the edges for a more distressed look.  Here's my completed arched ATC once again.


If you enjoy fussy cutting as much as I do, give dimensional ATCs a try.

Thanks for stopping by today and stop over and chat in our Facebook Group.  There's always room at The Nest.

~ Cheryl ~

3 comments:

 
Images by Freepik