Wednesday, February 27, 2013

How Do You Add Color and Sparkle?

Michelle, our Guest Blogger for the month of February, is back with a little bit of color and sparkle today!

 Hi, CYN Fans! Hope you're having a great day!!

Michelle here today to share some fun projects with ways I like to add color and sparkle
to my projects!
What is your favorite way to add color and sparkle to you projects?! I love to use paint, glitter, embossing powders, and embellishments!

Here are a few projects I created using some of my favorite bling!
On my altered burlap bag, I used glitter for the sentiment, paint for the
flowers and leaves, and embossing powder for the swirl.
For the first tag I used glitter on the heart, and some distressink with added drops of paint for some extra color on the background.
On the second tag, I used embossing powder on the heart. I then added two different colors of paint
by using a straw to blow a design. For the sentiment love I used a little more paint.
For my altered journal page I used stamps, a mask, paint, and mists. I also used
metal and embossed it for the heart. The purple tissue paper I added some doodling on the purple tissue paper. And for the canvas flower, I inked the edges and added some doodling.

I hope I have inspired you to try some other techniques or ideas with by adding color and sparkle to you projects!
If you have any projects you would like to share, feel free to post them on the Craft Your Nest facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/craftyournest

Have a wonderful day!

Michelle


I live in South Texas.  My husband and I have a eight year old daughter.  I’m a SAHM and I help with various volunteer work at our daughters school.   When I’m not scrapping I enjoy spending time with family, being outdoors, Church activities, and traveling. 
 My scrapbooking style is shabby-chic, artsy, simple with clean lines and some vintage.  My style changes depending on what products I’m using and the kind of project I’m working on.  I feel I’m very versatile when I scrap because I enjoy creating, trying new techniques, and using new products with keeping up with the latest trends!
 I love to add stamping, embossing, misting, and adding paint to my projects.  When I’m not creating LO’s, tags, and cards I love to alter items, create Mixed Media projects, and I love to use my Cuttlebug!
Thank you Craft Your Nest for having me as your Guest Designer!

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful projects Michelle!..I absolutely love your burlap bag...And that painted flower looks gorgeous....Love the tags & the altered journal too..fabulous inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all of your tips on here, Michelle! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik