Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day Traditions!

Today I want to share a layout I created last Valentine's Day about one of our favorite traditions. Baking sugar cookies :)
At the time I was given an acrylic heart keychain mini album in a kit to use. I decided that instead of using it as a mini, I would use it as a mist mask.
I ended up just tracing the plain and not the scalloped heart on a scrap of kraft cardstock to make my mask.
I knew I wanted my title to work in with the hearts, so I placed the mask where I wanted my title to go and sprayed it with Studio Calico Mister Huey white mist.
I thought it worked well for a page about baking. Almost has the look of flour or powdered sugar :)
And to me, the large white ric rac reminded me of squiggly frosting!

So that is our big Valentine's Day tradition in our house.
Do you have any special Valentine's Day tradition? Have your ever created a scrapbook page to document that tradition?
If so I would love to see it! And if not, I challenge you to create a page to share with us. You can link in the comments or share with our Facebook group (link on the top right)

Happy Valentine's Day!




6 comments:

  1. What an adorable page, Mary Jo! LOVE those pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it does look like powdered sugar. What a neat idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it does look like powdered sugar. What a neat idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your LO!!
    Love all the collage of pictures and the mask you used!
    Yes I have created a few LO's with baking Christmas cookies.
    Each year we bake something for Valentines Day too. If we are not baking cupcakes, then we bake cookies.
    This year we are making heart shaped brownies and then decorating them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for a page. We don't have traditions for Valentine's day but it would be a good idea for other minor holidays too.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik