Friday, April 5, 2013

Digi, Dolls and Monsters, Oh My

Hello and happy Monday!  It's finally April ~ hooray!  I'm always encouraged that spring really is coming when we get into April!  

I'm on vacation, so I just wanted to pop in and say "hi" and share a few of my new projects with you.  I love paper scrapbooking and making cards ~ but one of my new loves is digital scrapbooking.  I caught the digital "bug" a year or so ago and just started "dabbling" and buying the occasional digital kit but mainly, I started downloading any free digital supplies I could find!  Yes, I said free!  I must admit that I'm as compulsive about buying digital supplies as I am about buying paper supplies, but I'm still always on the lookout for free stuff.

One of my go-to sites for purchasing digital supplies is Jessica Sprague.   I like her site because she has just about anything I'm looking for and she sells all of the Echo Park digitals (which I love).   I'm a sucker for EP so I buy just about every kit as soon as it's available.

Here's a layout that I recently created using Echo Park "Splash" patterned papers and elements.


I also played around with the saturation on this photograph because I wanted it to blend better with the papers.  I think this picture has a kind of "retro look" to it now.  

Here's one of my newest cards, too.


This adorable image is from Eureka Stamps.   The patterned papers and embellishments are October Afternoon ~ another favorite.  Here's a close-up photograph of my card.


After I colored in the image, I "fussy cut" it out and attached it with pop dots.  The butterfly and sentiment are also attached with pop dots.

Here's one more card that I'd like to share with you.  I just love monsters and had so much fun making this one.


I used Nikki Sivils "My Lil' Monster" kit and did lots of fussy cutting and used lots of pop dots.  Don't you love Momma Monster's lips?  Here's a couple of close-ups of my monsters.



How cute are these guys?  

Thanks for stopping by today and letting me share some of my new work.  It's so good to see our site and Facebook Group growing!!  Come on over and join in on the conversation ~ there's always room at "The Nest".

~ Cheryl ~

1 comment:

 
Images by Freepik