Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Scrapbook Disasters!

So on Sunday I was trying to multi task on a Scrapbook layout.
I wanted to use a sketch and scrapbook kit from The Paper Bakery
and combine it with the "Instalove" challenge over at Paper Issues.
That actually went pretty well!
Here is the layout I came up with...
which I was happy with :) And it is a great sketch that you may just want to try!
But to color the little wood veneer chevron pieces at the top, I pulled out a few ink pads. The blue ink is from Stampin' Up. And somehow I managed to pop the lid off while trying to close the stamp pad.
While trying to get it back on, I dropped the ink pad not once, but twice on some of my favorite Jillibean Soup alphabets
Sigh...ink all over the place.
Not to mention my hands and counter top.
After a bit, I realized I needed help. I just couldn't get it back on and I was making a mess!
So I turned to good old YouTube :)
And thanks to Stamping With Gail I now know how easy it really is to snap those lids back on. I was actually complicating the whole thing!

Have you had any scrapbook disasters recently?




3 comments:

  1. Disaster averted!! Good ole' YouTube!! What would we do without it??

    I LOVE your layout and glad everything turned out well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try this. Sketches make my design process smoother. This can be a good challenge for CC page on FB as well. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I am a huge fan of sketches and this was an easy one to work with :)

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik