Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Matte Multi-Medium Magic

Howdy Nesters!  Today I want to share a really cool product that's new to me: Claudine Hellmuth Studio's Multi-Medium.

I used this gel medium to transfer patterned paper to some wood shapes (I used Studio Calico wood veneer products).

I was hoping to show a video of the process, but my camera died this weekend and the videos on my old camera are not compatible with iMovie.  (Funny thing...just last week I told my husband I wanted to upgrade to a Canon dSLR.  So, if anyone has recommendations - I don't want to spend a fortune - please leave a comment on this post!)

The steps are really easy though.  First you paint the multi-medium on your surface, and then attach your patterned paper pattern side down.

Allow to dry (I gave them 24 hours) and then wet the paper with water.  Rub off the paper with your fingers and you're done!




It's really easy and a very cool technique!

One thing I learned: be very liberal when applying the medium to your surface.  You'll see areas in my photos where the paper did not transfer - it's because there wasn't enough medium in those places.

Overall, I was pleased with my first attempt.  Here's a close-up of a small bird shape (I had to use an x-acto knife to clean leftover pieces of medium from this one):



I'm going to use these pieces in a layout soon, and I'll be sure to share that with y'all.  :)

2 comments :

  1. Love what you've done with the wood veneer, very clever!

    And I think it's great the CTMH is giving back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Dawn!
    I have never tried that! :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top