Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Paper Bakery Sketch

Last Wednesday I shared a few on-line spots I was planning to visit on National Scrapbooking Day this past Saturday. The Paper Bakery is one of those places. They had a fun little blog hop, some free cut files and a sketch available.
After the blog hop, I printed up the sketch to give it a try. It is the one layout I was actually able to complete on NSD. :)
I am working on an album for a trip we took to Florida in 2007 right before my daughter was born. I was six months pregnant at the time. These were a few of the photos I came across in the huge stack I had printed. I remember Mike snapping a few photos which is why I am kind of half smiling in the one on the right.
I didn't want this page to go in the trip album. But I thought it would be kind of an interesting take on one aspect of the trip. Truthfully, he was very well behaved despite sleeping in strange hotel, lots of time at the amusement parks and just being totally off schedule. And if you know Evan, you know how much he loves his routines!
Just FYI, I asked Evan's permission before posting this one ;) He thought it was kind of funny. And that is what I love about scrapbooking. That there are memories that may have not been so funny at the time, but we can look back and kind of laugh at now. :)

So if you want to use the sketch, I am sure they would love to have you link it up over at the Paper Bakery blog. They have a place to add links on the right side of their blog. And a chance for one of the lucky participants to win a prize just for joining in.

Let me know if you link up in the comments and I will come visit your blog!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Mary Jo, love your layout, especially the way you placed the photos. So true about timeouts too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeeeeeeeeeee it!!! Great, fun photos and loveeeeeeeeeee the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout! I love the photos and title!!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Bakery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layout. And I really love that you scrapped a memory that maybe wasn't super fun at the time, but that you guys can smile at now. And Evan is so cool for letting you share it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is a fun layout.
    That is what I love about scrapbooking as well as remembering the little things that may be forgotten over the years. :)
    I have to say I love that photo that your husband took of you pointing your finger on the left, teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this page Mary Jo!! You did a fab job with the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH love this!!! And what a great subject to scrap! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch! I love how the pics capture a real life moment! Hope to see you playing along with The Paper Bakery sketches in the future!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik