Friday, May 17, 2013

Using Chipboard & Stickers on Cards

Hello Nesters!  I have some new cards to share with you this week.  

I just love all of the adorable chipboard embellishments that come with some of the paper collections!!   They're so much fun to use on cards.

This first card has quite a variety of chipboard on it.


The patterned paper and chipboard elements are all from October Afternoon.  I created the banner out of individual pieces of chipboard and made sure that each end touched the end next to it ~ to make the banner.  I added the little chipboard butterfly to the top and the chipboard buttons in each corner at the bottom. 

 Of course, you know how much I love ribbon, so I added a little gingham bow to each button.  I finished the card off with a tiny sentiment from Webster's Pages.  It was in one long strip, so I cut it apart and inked each piece all the way around.

Here's a close up photograph.



I also love all of the wonderful coordinating sheets of stickers that come with some paper collections ~ I'm talking about those awesome 12 x 12 sheets.

{I posted last January, that I don't like the "stickiness" of stickers, though.  I told you, in that post, how I "de-sticky" them.   I do love what you can create with stickers though.}  

Here's a card that I used three different stickers on.  The patterned paper and all of the stickers are from Echo Park.



This card has a stamped image on it, chipboard and stickers.  


This image is by Floppy Latte and I colored it in (very softly) with my Spectrum Noir markers.  The birdhouse and buttons are chipboard and the border under the flowers is two different strips of stickers.   The patterned paper, chipboard and stickers are also from Echo Park.


I've got one more.  This one was quick and easy, but the result was good!


I just glued two pretty doilies on my patterned paper card.  I overlapped them so that they would cover most of the card.  Then I added the three different chipboard elements.  Like I said, quick and easy.  The chipboard is all from October Afternoon.

I hope I've given you some new ideas about how to use chipboard and stickers on your cards.

Thanks for stopping by today.

~ Cheryl ~


2 comments:

 
Images by Freepik