Friday, June 14, 2013

What's Your Style?

Hello Nesters!

This week, I'd like to talk about "style".  We hear a lot about "style" in regard to paper crafting and we're often asked to describe our "style".  Do you think you have one?  I really don't think I do.  The reason I don't think I do is because my work swings from one end of the spectrum to the other.  

Here's one of the cards that I just created.  I love vintage and I scrap the vintage look quite often, but I'd get so bored if that's all I ever did.


I actually scrapped pretty heavily in the vintage fashion when I first started seriously scrapping, but quickly discovered that the world was full of so many different kinds and colors of paper and embellishments.

Here's a layout I just completed that's at the opposite end of the spectrum.


This layout is brightly colored and very whimsical.  

Here's a new layout (from the same photo shoot) that's somewhere in between.


So, what's your style?  Do you have one or are you like me ~ all over the place?  We'd love to see hear from you on this subject and see some examples of your work.  We just started a new page on Facebook and we'd love for you to "like" us and chat with us there.  Of course, we still love comments here on the blog!!  

Thanks for stopping by today!

~ Cheryl ~

4 comments:

  1. I think my style is allover the place too. I dislike classifications. It drives me nuts in music too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute projects, Cheryl!
    I think I like to mix it up a bit, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice projects! I think I am predictable when I craft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a mix. I like to say I am shabby and cutesy with a little artsy thrown in.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik