Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sharing a Sketch

Hi, Everyone! It's Mary Jo back from a bit of a summer vacation break. :)
Today I want to share an exclusive sketch I tried with you created by Jennifer Wilson from Simple Scrapper for the new issue over at Paper Issues.

Here is the sketch...
and here is my take on it...
I have printed up quite a few Instagram photos lately. And I find that I like creating 8 1/2 x 11 layouts with them. This sketch was so perfect for those types of photos.
But then I turned around with my scraps from the layout and created a card...
loosely based on the sketch. I incorporated the circles, title, and star on my card. I really like the idea of creating cards using sketches.

If you decided to try the sketch for a project, make sure to link it up over at Paper Issues for a chance to win a one month subscription to a Simple Scrapper premium membership or the Everyday Storyteller downloads. Paper Issues is also giving away a $20 gift certificate to the store!
You can see all the details Here!

I have to say this is the first scrapbook page I have completed since July with the exception of an assignment for a magazine. It felt good to be able to scrapbook again now that my kids are back in school! Were you able to keep up with scrapbooking during the summer?



1 comment:

  1. LOVING the interpretation of the sketch! GREAT layout and card!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik