Friday, September 20, 2013

Happy Friday!

Hi ~ Cheryl here and I have my "Card Chick" hat on today.  It's no secret that I love Echo Park ~ both paper and digital.

Here are two cards I made this week using the same EP collection yet they look quite different.

The first one is a birthday card.


I fussy cut all of these flowers out and then "stacked them" using lots of pop dots.  Here's a close-up picture:


I just love the look of these all stacked up.  I made the sentiment on my computer ~ cut it out ~ then inked it.

Here's the other card I made using the same collection.  Unfortunately, I needed a sympathy card this week.


This time, I fussy cut several doilies out of patterned paper and stacked them.  I also made my own journaling strips.

Here's a close-up of the doilies:


It's never fun to make a sympathy card, but sometimes it's necessary.  I actually finished this card on the inside to make it more personal.  I found a very moving poem on the internet and printed that out and added it to the inside of the card.

I hope I've provided a little inspiration for the next time you need to make a card.

Thanks for stopping by today!

~ Cheryl ~


2 comments:

 
Images by Freepik