Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I Did It!

I completed my own stamp challenge this past weekend while scrapbooking at Archiver's with a friend. :)
I had a photo in mind and pulled three stamp sets out that would coordinate because of my weather theme. I have never used the two stamps on the right. One is from The Paper Bakery's  August kit. The other is from an ancient Studio Calico kit. I picked the older October Afternoon set because of the cloud at the top. That stamp set is from back when they were actually a kit club and not a manufacturer. So it is old! :)
And here is my layout...
As you can see, the cloud stamp image is at the top with a mistable cloud and my weather forcast image. Then I placed the third stamped image on a pop dot at the bottom of my journaling. I also used a Pinstripe gray mist droplets on the page and to color the cloud embellishment. Here is a photo of my layout in progress that I had posted to my personal blog and Facebook...
You may notice that I pretty much kept the top part the same, but later after seeing this photo decided to cut the date strip. I just wasn't liking how the letters looked on it.

My Journaling:
I have to admit that severe weather makes me a little more nervous these days than it ever has in the past.
When I looked out my office window and saw the sky in this photo, my first thought was "ominous". Then I had to check the weather website and radar.
Because it seems that the weather has gone a bit crazy these last few years. There are more severe thunderstorms, more tornado warnings and more damage due to bad weather than ever before.
Cities have been devastated here in the Midwest. We have had a car smashed by a tree during a thunderstorm. I know I am a little  more wary when I hear that bad weather is coming! 

So how about it? Anyone else have a project they would like to share using three stamps? Either post a link here or share it on our Facebook page and I may just have a little RAK to send to one lucky person. :)
Here are a few extra stamp sets that I have to giveaway from The Paper Bakery...


Happy Wednesday!


14 comments:

  1. Wonderful page and those stamp coordinated perfectly with the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the peeks at your blog and had to come check out the completed layout. It's great. I love your large typed journaling area. It the kind of thing that will make this a very special layout in years to come. I also like all the layers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your finished layout Mary Jo, that word ominous really sums up that sky! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your layout and how you used the stamps on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this layout! I really like how you used the mist, it kind of looks like when it very first starts raining and there are just a few drops on the ground. You know, right before the skies open up?

    You always think of such interesting topics to scrap about. I really like how you documented the weather and how you feel about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great page, Mary Jo! Love the colors and the perfect embellishments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loveeeeeee this!! LOVING that photo, the title is perfect and loving that you scrapped this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout.
    You have a good reason to be leery of the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful!! Love the misting and the stamp you added!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the colors on this layout, perfect for the weather theme! Great photo too! We do have some crazy weather here, don't we?? Looks like we might be getting some storms tonight in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used three stamps from the same collection on this card I made fro a dt proect.
    http://mjskraze.blogspot.com/2013/09/timeless-twine-peachy-keen-staps-love.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really cute, Mandi! Thanks for linking up :)

      Delete
  12. Beautiful! I love the soft monochrome feel to it :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik