Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Paper-piecing, Paint, and Pumpkins!

Last week I mentioned how much I love autumn.  Well, today I'm back with more!


I started with this adorable stamp from Unity, some more paper from the Witch Hazel line, and watercolor paint (along with a couple Copic markers and StazOn ink in jet black):


I stamped my image a couple times on each sheet:


Initially, I wasn't sure if I wanted to use the music note paper as an accent; after stamping once on that page, I knew it was going to be too busy for this piece.

I chose one of the ledger stamped images as my background and trimmed around it.  I then colored in the fence, grass, and pumpkin stems with watercolor ink:



Next, I cut a ghost from a second stamped image on the ledger paper; I cut the pumpkins and patches for the ghost out of the orange print:


I adhered the patches to the ghost with liquid adhesive and then adhered the ghost and pumpkins to the background with pop-dots:


I used the Copic marker (in toner gray T3) to outline the background image and used the colorless blender to soften the lines.  Next, I stamped the sentiment on the same ledger paper and trimmed that.  Both pieces needed a little something to define the edges, so I took an edge distresser (circa 2006?) to scruff them up a bit.


Because I really wanted my image to pop, I adhered the background paper on top of the glass:


To finish it off, I pulled out the pop-dots and attached the image + sentiment to the background:


And it's done!  Maybe it's me, but that little ghost just makes me smile.  :)

1 comment :

Back to Top