Wednesday, October 16, 2013

All That Glitters is Gold!

Gold is such a hot trend in scrapbooking right now, and I think it is a favorite of mine.
I was watching *this video*

over at 2 Peas in a Bucket by Jen Kinkade from the "Scrap Your Stash" series that really makes me want to do a page using more gold. In fact, her challenge is to  "use *GOLD* in a prominent way on your next project"

I mean I have used gold a few times.
Like this layout...
which I pictured so differently than it turned out. But it's done and using gold washi tape, glitter thickers and a gold misted star.
Then I created this page...
Using metallic mists on the kraft colored butterflies. The middle butterfly is sprayed with a gold mist by Studio Calico.
And my last page using a bit of gold...

was a more recent page using a tag with gold chevrons on it from a Maggie Holmes ephemera pack. If you look at Jen's layout and video, she uses the same tag. And her page is gorgeous.

So I am thinking, I want to do another page using mostly gold. Or at least more gold.
Anyone with me? :)

1 comment:

 
Images by Freepik