Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happy October!

Hellos, Nesters!  I am so happy that it's October - I know I've mentioned it before, but I love fall!

Today I've got a quick (and hopefully fun!) post for you.  Some of you may already know about the 100 Days of Holidays that Better Homes and Gardens does in the fall.  They send daily emails that run from late September through December with all sorts of holiday inspiration.  The ideas range from home decor to crafting to food - and it's free!

Today, I wanted to share a few of my favorite ideas that I've seen this year.  There's a definite theme happening here; I'm the first to admit that I have a slight pumpkin obsession.

First up are these adorable candy corn pumpkins.  They recommend spray paint, but I think acrylic would work too:

click here for details
The next two are similar.  I actually painted "Welcome" on a pumpkin at our house last year.  Because I didn't cut the pumpkin, it lasted through Thanksgiving!

click here for details

click here for details
I think the monogrammed pumpkins are too cute!  And since my last name starts with an "H", these seemed very fitting:

click here + here for details
Now, for some crafty ideas...how adorable is this guy?  They recommend using an old book, but I know I have more than enough scrapbook paper to replicate this design:

click here for details
I think this would be an adorable (and easy) project to complete with kids:

click here for details
And finally, I think the simplicity of these leaf frames make them perfect fall decor.  In fact, you may just see a piece inspired by those leaves on this blog in the near future.  :)

click here for details
I hope you found some inspiration in these pictures.  Do you have any fall ideas that you'd like to share?  Please link in the comments or over on our Facebook page.

Before I go, I want to mention a couple things.  First, this is not a sponsored post; I just wanted to share some design ideas that have caught my eye lately.  Also, the links under the photos will send you to the projects on the Better Homes and Gardens site.

1 comment:

 
Images by Freepik