Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Paper-Pieced Pumpkin

If you've read this blog for a while, you know that I am just a little bit in love with fall, so I have another fall home decor project for you.

A couple weeks ago, I shared some fall crafts that had caught my eye.  I was especially inspired by this leaf wall art.  Since I am slightly obsessed with all things pumpkin (save pumpkin pie...go figure), the leaf wall art became this creation:




To create this little guy, all you need are a couple sheets of patterned paper, some baker's twine, and adhesive.  For added dimension, I inked the edges of the paper and embossed them (using the woodgrain folder from this set), but those steps are completely optional.


You can access my template for the pumpkin here (it's saved as a pdf).

A few notes:

I would suggest cutting just outside the lines on the template to allow for the overlap between the pieces of the pumpkin.

I used extra-thick foam dots for the middle piece of the pumpkin to raise it just a smidge higher than the two sides.

I adhered the baker's twine with glossy accents.  Click here for a video I created on how-to make the loops.

Here's a close-up pic:



Please share if you make one of these pumpkins - I'd love to see your creations!

1 comment:

  1. So, so cute!!!
    I just did a Christmas tree framed paper project for a design team assignment.
    I think it's just a nice way to use up scrap supplies and make a cute, simple home decor piece :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik