Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pinterest Challenge Layout

A few weeks ago, I challenged myself to be inspired by Pinterest, and I took my challenge literally. As I was trying to decide on a project from my Scrapbook Inspiration board, I realized that I actually liked the grid design of the board itself...
There was a challenge over at Two Peas in a Bucket in the Stashbusters thread to use "I Heart" in the title or do a page about favorites. So I decided to combine my challenge with that one and came up with this layout...
I think the hardest and most time consuming part was typing the journaling. Well that and trying to get my photos to stay flat. I am finding that I am not super happy with the Instagram printing source I have been using - Kanvess. The photos actually didn't seem to be cut straight and they roll up on the edges. It is really hard to adhere them to my pages.

But it's a page I am glad that I did! How about you? Has anyone taken me up on my challenge yet?
Would love to see your projects if you did either here in the comment section or on the Facebook page.

Also, Paper Issues has a new "issue" on the blog this week. It is a Halloween challenge and the prize is a set of Heidi Swapp Color Shine mists. They are really gorgeous mists. I just received five of them in my most recent package. The only thing you have to do to be entered in the contest is to link up Halloween projects on this post. They can be new or old projects.
Next Monday is my day to post to the Paper Issues blog, so I will be looking for linked up projects to feature. Hoping to share some familiar faces :)

Thanks for stopping by the Nest today!

10 comments:

  1. Fab layout, love how Pinterest inspired you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love your lo!! LOVING the photos and the way you journaled!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great layout....Pinterest inspires us in sooo many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really well done, worth the wait for the layout... I like the idea of tagging (documenting) the favorites :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great layout and thing to scrap! I haven't done a LO like this in awhile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous idea, I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great topic to scrap, Mary Jo. Love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it turned out great! Good to know about the photos though! I've been printing my IG pics on my Selphy, straight from my phone. I'm too impatient to type out my journaling. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the layout! What a fun topic!

    Thanks for the tip about printing the Instagram photos. I usually just print them out from my at home printer, like Becky. I'm impatient too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik