Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Time to Play!

In last week's post, I challenged myself to use more gold on my projects.
Well, I haven't quite made it yet.
My scrap space was such a mess, that I needed to clean it first.
I usually like to give it a good cleaning at least once or twice a month. This includes moving everything and dusting. Plus I had several big piles that needed to be put away.
My space in this photo is actually so much better than it was. :)
The only real pile left is some new product I received in my last Paper Issues package. That little pile to the left doesn't count. There is always a little pile sitting in that try. Usually mixed media stuff or little embellies I want to remember to use.
And on my actual work mat, I have two projects I am wanting to get started on. The pile on the left is from a recent assignment I created for Crafting Ireland magazine. I am going to use the leftovers to make a few Christmas cards. Notice anything gold? :)
And on the right are some leftovers from the Elle's Studio Cameron line. I made a layout a few weeks ago with it. While I was cleaning my workspace, I came across the photo of Evan and I from this summer. The colors seem to work well with that line, so I may as well scrap it, right? I think I might use this sketch I found at The Paper Bakery by Juliana Michaels for that page.
But I will just use one photo instead of two, and flip it around since the photo is vertical. It should still work. And the stars in this sketch are perfect! In fact, the last layout I used this line on has stars, too.
So I think this sketch will be perfect!
Now I have two challenges I am working on!
1. Create a project using gold.
2. Use the sketch. (if you do, you can link up *here* to be entered in their drawing for a gift card)
And I could probably add a third challenge - use the scraps from another project to create a card or layout.
What do you think? Which should I start with first? :)

9 comments:

  1. That sketch looks interesting, I'd start there! Have fun and look forward to seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your work space and love love love love your lo!! Awesome photos and loving the colors!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sketch and the idea of using leftovers from other projects. I see that I am slowly warming up towards 'gold' but not sure if I can dare to use it on a page... and one would think it should be easy with all the saris that I wear :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely layout :)
    I may try this sketch. I seem to have an urge to make a layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great sketch!

    My scrapbook area needs to be cleaned up too so I can start scrapping again! Maybe that will be on the agenda for tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would start with the gold, but only if you have a direction in mind. My room needs cleaned too, badly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your workspace is just so pretty and airy. Love it. Plenty of nice light. That layout is so special. To show the now and then like that. One that will be a favorite. Awesome work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scrap area is amazing...I would never want to leave! That picture of you and Evan is great...can't wait to see the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your scrap room!
    What a fun sketch!
    Love your LO!! Love how you added the stars!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik