Saturday, April 26, 2014

Happy Saturday!

I hope spring has sprung in your neck of the woods.  I live in a climate where it's always warm ~ then hot, but I used to love seeing those buds peeping up through the ground. 
 
So, with the advent of spring, do you like to break out the spring/summer colors?  I recently found this yummy 6 x 6 paper pack over at Joann's.  It's Embellish by Dena and I wasn't familiar with this product, but just loved the yummy spring/summer colors.  I'm planning on creating some Mother's Day cards with it.
 

I also recently ordered this yummy summer collection by Echo Park.
 

 
Does this "scream summer" or what?
 
I also thought I'd do a little follow-up to Mary Jo's post about how she stores some of her scrapbook supplies. 
 
I've been looking and looking for the perfect sized basket for the 12 x 12 sheets of patterned paper that I know I'll be using ~ so I want it them out where they're handy.  I finally found a basket that was the perfect size.   It also HAD to have sides that went straight down.  It bugs me if my paper can't sit flat.  Here's a picture of my basket full of patterned paper.
 
 
Here are pictures of the sides.
 




 
If you're wondering how I made my dividers, I just used 12 x 12 pieces of chipboard (the ones that come with all of my online orders) and I used white cardstock (doubled) to write the name of the manufacturer/theme on.  I used strapping tape and taped the front and the back (to the chipboard).
 
I got this little cutie to hold some of my supples ~ it matches the big basket.  I can carry it back and forth to my work table.  (Of course, I wish I'd gotten more of these, so I'll pick them up next time.)
 
 
I have converted my walk-in closet to house a lot of my supplies.  That way, I can just shut the doors and it doesn't look like such a mess in my scraproom.  My hubby built me an organizational unit that has different sized "cubbies" in it.  I have lots of 6 x 6 paper pads, so the small cubbies are perfect for those, plus lots of other things.
 
I bought the little containers at the Dollar Spot at Target and have embellishments in them.
 
Here's a picture of my closet.
 

As you can see, I'm big on "containerizing".  I also love that I have "room to grow".
 
Hope you've enjoyed a peek into my scraproom organization.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
~ Cheryl ~

 


4 comments:

  1. Great room. I love my stash in pretty containers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your baskets and storage unit, Cheryl!! Looks very functional but cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your baskets!!
    Love the shelves in your scrap room so organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching crafty spaces!! I love little baskets to put my things in. Your room looks very lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik