Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Inspired By Sketches

Today I want to talk sketches!
On this post *Here*, I shared a layout I created using a sketch.

I often find sketches to be extremely helpful when I am in a rut or just needing some inspiration. I don't always use the sketch exactly as it is presented. Sometimes I just take a few ideas or design elements and run with it. But other times, I follow the sketch just as it is shown.

I come across the sketches I use in a variety of places such as personal scrapbooker blogs, manufacturer blogs, on line store sites, kit clubs and more. And I know there are blogs that are completely devoted to just sketches. So I decided to share a few of those sketch blogs with you here.

1. Creative Scrappers - Lots of great sketches can be found on this blog. I worked with one of their sketches a few months ago and came up with this page...
They also have a design team call going on right now for anyone interested.

2. My Scraps and More Sketches - This is a store site that also has a sketch blog in addition to their regular blog. I haven't tried any of the sketches yet, but plan to in the future. In fact, they have a sketch a thon going on right now for the month of April.

They have been sharing a sketch a day and there are a few that I really want to add to my Pinterest Scrapbook Sketch board.

3. Stuck?! Sketches - They have a great Archived Sketch section. Very handy for looking through quickly. I saw several that look promising!

4. Let's Get Sketchy - I haven't tried any sketches from here yet either, but there is a lot of design team inspiration with different perspectives on using their sketches.

5. Sketch Saavy - They haven't had an updated post in a few weeks, but I like the looks of the sketches that are on the blog. And the design team has some great layouts as well! I added this one to my blog reader, so hopefully they will still be posting.
This was one of the sketches that caught my eye that I think will work for me. I tend to like sketches with grid designs. :)

So there you have it! Hopefully you were able to get some sketchy inspiration. And if you know of any sketch sources that you would like to share with us, just add a link to the comments here. Or share on our Facebook page!

See you next week!
 



3 comments:

  1. I love sketch sites!!!! These are fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun sketches!!
    Thanks for all the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page!! Love how you created the circles with the triangles!!
    (I love sketches too!!)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik