Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Workspace Wednesday

I want to share some a fun storage I found in the dollar spot at Target on Monday!
These little metal bins match a few other office storage pieces that I currently have on my counter. I bought three black and three silver. As you can see, I decided to put some of my wood veneer in two of them and decorative clips in the middle one.

When I saw the bins at Target, I definitely had it in mind for wood veneer storage, but this isn't quite how I had planned it. Originally I thought I would use all six for veneer, but I had more of those little embellishments than I realized.
This photo kind of gives you an idea of how big a mess my wood veneer had become.  I had been storing it all open in that little plastic bin drawer. I could never find anything and it was packed! So I chose to use two of the metal bins for star/asterisk and word veneer, and then the rest was going back in this drawer. But first I cut some foam board dividers. It's not ideal, but it's working and helping to separate my veneer a little bit better than before. The next step was the huge task of sorting it all. Now I am going to be able to find what I am looking for just a little easier. And yes, I do have a few chipboard hearts up front there with my heart veneers. I use those on my pages a lot and probably need some more. :)


And done!

I actually found this basket at Michael's a week or so ago and bought two of them. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to use them for, but I have a few bigger baskets that match. As I was moving things around, I realized putting one on each side of the center window of my office space balanced things out nicely. This one holds my flair and enamel dots.  The other one currently holds all those die cut and ephemera packs I have been collecting.
As you can see in the basket on the left, I placed one of the silver dollar spot bins in there to hold the loose flair I have accumulated from kits and other places. It fits perfectly for now. The last two silver bins are not in use yet, but I am sure I will have a spot for them soon!

Have you had any great storage finds lately that you can share with us?
Feel free to leave a link in the comments or visit our Facebook page and share a photo.
Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great, Mary Jo! I've found that standing up packs of embellishments works well for me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see craftrooms & I adore how you collect your items! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the Target Dollar Spot too!! What neat organization you did with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love all of your storage and organization! My craft room is still a work in progress...it is definitely the last thing we are unpacking, and its happening very slowly!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik