Thursday, July 24, 2014

My Disney Album (Part 1)

Hi, Nesters!  I'm sorry I've been quiet for a couple weeks (I've been dealing with some side effects from my hypothyroidism), but I'm here tonight to share the first several pages in a vacation album I'm creating.

In the spring, we went to Disney World (it was a very generous Christmas present from my in-laws).  While I've traditionally scrapbooked several layouts from our trip (you can see a few of them here), I still had quite a few photos left over (some of which will probably never make it to a 12 x 12 page).  I decided to use a Simple Stories Snap album to scrapbook the rest of these pictures.  I purchased most of the Say Cheese line of products to use in this album - and aside from a couple sheets of older Jenni Bowlin alphabet stickers, that is all I'm using for this project.

This is the album:



It's the faux leather finish (I actually bought this half-price during an after-Christmas sale), and it reminds me of the We R Memory Keepers albums.

For the first page, I used one of the die-cut pages from the line:


For this page, I backed the die-cut card with a second 3 x 4 card for the first space.  The second space on top is another 3 x 4 card.  I backed my photo with a 4 x 6 card to fill the bottom (you'll see this throughout the album as I had most of my photos printed at the digital size).


For this spread, I added a few stickers on the left.  The bottom photo on the right-hand page has a transparency (from the Say Cheese line) on top of the photo.


The card with the 'H" has a small brad in the middle for a bit of dimension. 


On the left-hand side of this spread, I used several stickers (the alpha on top is from Jenni Bowlin).  On the right, I used a die-cut page from the collection and added the white doodling.


Here you can see the back of the die-cut page.  The opposite side has space for 4 x 4 photos (I trimmed mine, but this would be perfect for Instagram pics).


The blank page on the right will eventually hold a pocket with some tickets and receipts from our trip.


On the left, I adhered the photo to the page and doodled a small border around it.  The right-hand side has a few more stickers from the line.


In the top-left corner, I added a brad to the middle of a 3 x 4 card.  I kept the rest of this spread pretty simple.


And here's my last spread (for now!):


As you can see, I'm really trying to keep things simple here.  We're going back to Disney in September, so my goal is to get this finished before then.  

I also filmed a short video walking through the album.  The narration on the video is how I would talk through this album to a friend, so you get a slightly different perspective on the pages.  (And please excuse my voice - my allergies are acting up.)


snap disney album from Dawn Hopkins on Vimeo.

Before I go, I want to share a Christmas in July sale with you.  Because Craft Your Nest is affiliate, Lain Ehmann is giving our readers 25% off* at her new store with the code HOHOHO.  She has online classes that cover topics in scrapbooking, card making, home decor, and more!  The code is good through midnight tomorrow (July 25), so head on over there if you want to grab one of these courses at a great price!

*This code is good for everything in the store except Scrap Your Story, Fast Scrapbooking, and Define Your Style.

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing, Dawn!
    Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik